Friday, January 23, 2015

Fisher Towers Hike

At the beginning of January, I got invited to join a group of friends for a hike to Fisher Towers, outside of Moab Utah - and what an incredible hike it was! This might just be one of my new favorites! And the neat thing, is that since the trail was a bit snowy, if I hike it again in the spring or summer, it'll probably feel like a whole difference experience!

The hike is about 4.6 miles round trip, but with some snowy and icy sections it felt a lot longer than that. It was absolutely incredible though! We were hiking in honor of my friend Randee's birthday, so we all celebrated post-hike with food and a campfire. It was a great way to spend a chilly but gorgeous January day!

And as with most of my posts these days, I am once again, going to let my pictures speak for themselves rather than mumbling on for an hour:

We stopped at an overlook to view the red rocks against the icy Colorado River!

View from the trailhead.





All the puppies had a blast!



This just shows how massive the rocks are compared to us tiny people!







Everyone waving at the turn around point of the hike!


I love this picture!

Argie photo-bombed me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flattop Mountain & Hallett Peak

I've been wanting to hike to the top of Hallett Peak ever since I found out it was the gorgeous mountain towering above Dream and Emera...